Information Technology Mission/Purpose
The Information Technology Division will provide the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the internal support services, governance, and community service for the City of Oshkosh and it's Citizenry. To meet this mission we will:
- Provide effective technology and support for data, voice and web based applications and services to all areas of the City and its citizens.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the City of Oshkosh through planning, programming, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the City of Oshkosh enterprise network to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems and software to support internal, administrative and public safety functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the City of Oshkosh infrastructure through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology.
- Provide fast and reliable access to all information systems.
- Provide effective and efficient duplication, binding, shipping, and postage services for internal departments.