ElectionsAs of March 6, 2012 Judge grants temporary injunction barring enforcement of voter ID law in May Election
*REMINDER - If you have not registered at your current address, save yourself some time on Election Day - REGISTER EARLY!!!
February 18 (possible Primary)
If unable to locate a street, it is necessary to call the Clerk’s office at (920) 236-5011.
Your polling place on Election Day - Sample Ballots
Application for Voter Registration
- Clerk’s Office City Hall, Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Your polling place on Election Day
BY MAIL: Download the Application for Voter Registration, complete the form and mail it to your City clerk's office – it must be postmarked at least 20 days before the election. If this is your first time registering to vote in Wisconsin, you will need to include a photocopy of proof of residence which has your complete name, current address and is valid
IN PERSON: Register in the municipal clerk's office up to the Friday before the election. Proof of residency is required when registering less than 20 days before an election. You must bring proof that you have lived at your present location for 28 days preceding the election.
AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY: If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring proof that you have lived at your present location for 28 days preceding the election For purposes of voter registration, a form of identification constitutes acceptable proof of residence if it includes your current name and current City of Oshkosh address.
Forms of identification which constitute acceptable proof of residence, when they contain the information specified above, include the following:
- A Wisconsin motor vehicle operator's license or Wisconsin identification card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit or by an employer in the normal course of business, but not including a business card.
- A check-cashing or courtesy card issued by a merchant in the normal course of business.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes election day.
- A university, college or technical institute fee card.
- A university, college or technical institute identification card.
- A gas, electric or telephone service statement for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before election day.
YOU NEED TO BE A REGISTERED VOTER BEFORE AN ABSENTEE BALLOT CAN BE SENT TO YOU.
IN PERSON: You may request and mark an absentee ballot in person at the City Clerk's Office. Absentee voting in the City Clerk's Office is restricted to the two weeks prior to an election. The deadline is the close of business on the Friday before the election. Also absentee voters in the City Clerk's Office must present the same type of photo ID required at the polls. Acceptable forms of photo ID can be found below.
BY MAIL: Download the Application for an Absentee Ballot, complete the form and mail it to your City clerk's office – the request must be received before 5:00p.m. the Thursday before the election.
As of March 6, 2012 Judge grants temporary injunction barring enforcement of voter ID law in May Election
Mail Absentee Ballot Applications to:
City of Oshkosh
City Clerk's Office
PO Box 1130
Oshkosh WI 54903
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PHOTO IDENTIFICATIONApplication for Absentee Ballot
*All permanent (indefinitely confined), nursing home and military voters are exempt from this requirement.
- A Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license OR a Wisconsin DOT-issued identification card
- An identification card issued by a U.S. uniformed service
- A U.S. passport (Identifications above must be unexpired, or if expired, have expired after the date of the most recent general election.)
- A certificate of naturalization that was issued not earlier than two years before the date of an election at which it is presented.
- An unexpired driving receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT.
- An unexpired identification card receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT.
- An identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin.
- An unexpired identification card issued by a Wisconsin-accredited university or college that contains the date of issuance, signature of student, expiration date not later than two years after Date of Issuance.
- November 6, 2012 Election Statistics
- November 6, 2012 General Election Results
- August 14, 2012 Primary Election Results
- August 14, 2012 Election Statistics
- June 5, 2012 Election Statistics
- June 5, 2012 Recall Election Results
- May 8, 2012 Statment of Votes Cast
- May 8, 2012 Election Statistics
- May 8, 2012 Outstanding Absentee Ballots/Provisional Ballots
- April 3, 2012 Election Statistics
- April 3, 2012 Statment of Votes Cast
- April 3, 2012 Oshkosh Common Council
- April 3, 2012 Oshkosh School Board
- April 3, 2012 Fox Valley Technical College Referendum
- November 2, 2010 Election Statistics
- November 2, 2010 Statement of Votes Cast
- September 14, 2010 Election Statistics
- April 6, 2010 Election Statistics
- April 6, 2010 Spring Primary - Common Council - Statement of Votes Cast
- February 16, 2010 Election Statistics
- February 16, 2010 Spring Primary - Common Council - Statement of Votes Cast